Sunday, November 17, 2013

Boy #4 is on the way!!!!

Boy number 4 is on his way and we are super excited! I've often thought of how many boys I would be blessed with and also girls.  I was kind of sure I would be having a girl. I already had her name picked and was ready to take on that responsibility to be another mother to a girl. It really is a difference of role  playing in raising a daughter as it is boys!! We'll, for me that is! Taylor my only girl, we have always butted heads.  She was my first child and with that came so many new things. I often felt she was ready to take on this new adventure we call "life" from day one. I on the other hand struggled to be a NEW mom. Her and I shared already so much. She's seen me at my worst and also best and yet she loves me! I've always kind of felt inadequate about raising a daughter because one, I'm not very domestic in areas of cooking, being girlie, or I guess any stero-typical thing a girl is considered to do. At times I still feel that way, but Taylor reminds me of all the things I'm doing RIGHT which shines through her testimony of the gospel, her interest in my sewing, and so so much more. So with this new baby I was allowing myself to tackle another girl. Well, I guess not just yet. Going into this ultra sound was kind of like our answer to when we would stop having kids!! If it was a girl, we be done and if not, than we will try again. Lol. So we got our answer, 

I'm super excited about our baby boy coming!! As I laid there looking at this little sweet body and spirit I thought of all my boys and in that instant I felt so blessed to have the privilege to be entrusted with these sweet spirits to raise as mine. I also thought of 4 boys = plenty of new girls I will be meeting when they come of age. Lol! Josh and I decided on a name already. His name will be Hunter. 

When Taylor found out she wasn't going to be having a sister her heart was a bit broken. When I told her of the news she broke down and cried. In that instant I knew one day she would have a sister, I don't know if in this mortal state, but she'll come. I reassured to her that she will love this little baby brother just as much as she does her three younger brothers. Taylor's my mother hen. She loves her brothers so much and I know she will have no problem falling in love all over again with Hunter!! Later in the day she told me she was excited about her new brother coming as she gave Trenton a hug and kisss. Josh and I are thrilled!!! 

No comments: