Sunday, June 29, 2008

Best Buy and A Flat Tire

So, today started out fabulous. We attended our church services and had an uplifting time. But I think that we needed that spiritual high to help us cope with the events that would happen later in the day. We got out of church and discovered we had a flat tire. Actually we ran over a nail or something between those lines. So on our way back from church we head to Sams Club in hopes they would fix it for free. We get there and we jump for joy cause they were willing to repair it for free. In during our thirty minute wait we cruise through Sams and treat ourselves to some ice cream and drinks. But good news quickly turned to bad news when they tell us that is was not fixable. I guess the nail was located too close to the side wall of the tire. Well, unfortunately we now have to buy 4 brand new tires because we have an all wheel drive ride. We looked around all over for a used tire that was the same size and with approximately the same amount of tread but we were unsuccessful. Just so some of you know, All Wheel Drive vehicles need to have the same amount of tread or really close to in order for the All Wheel Drive system to run properly, if you don't then the system can malfunction and cause extensive damage to the drive system. So to avoid any more added repairs or expense we need to take this route in purchasing 4 new tires. However we did have a little surprise phone call by Best Buy telling us we received a 25 dollar gift certificate. Yeah! That was our very first reaction! The really weird thing is, if you don't use it in a certain amount of time they will take it away. So we decided why waste 25 dollars. Well after about forty minutes of looking around, we realized you CAN'T really buy anything for 25 dollars. Now I know a lot of you are thinking well why not buy a movie. Just so you know buying movies is like buying water, why buy it when you can get it for FREE. Just doesn't make sense. So movies were out of the question. The other things we looked at were stuff like headphones(which we already have 3 or 4 pairs), a 25 dollar music card for Itunes, (once again like buying water). All the stuff we wanted to buy was way over the 25 dollar mark and than I finally gave in to Josh earlier suggestion that entailed on his part a time for reflecting and meditation. As my wonderful husband was meditating his senses kicked in, like a superhero i call it, and taaa daaa, he saw candy and treats. So we ended up buying 25 dollars worth of candy, treats, and Burts Bees Wax lotion and lip balm. Yes, thats right burts bees wax lotion and lip balm, of all places to get the stuff we got it at Best Buy!

3 comments:

Nava_jo said...

Ha! I love Burt's Bee's and Best Buy does have alot of candies and treats. I just got in from Utah and I'm happy to be back with my family (Joseph, Damen and Angelica) Had tons of fun in UTAH it was too short,but it's always nice to be home. We love you guys!

Nava_jo said...

P.S. Joseph got a flat tire from a nail yesterday too. Man, those nails are out to get our family! :) Sorry You had to buy new tires THAT IS JUNK!

Nakki said...

Yeah...I did the same thing once with my tire. I had 2 flat tires (on the same tire) in one month. The 2nd time it wasn't repairable so I had to buy a new one (@ Sam's to). And no, my little Civic wasn't all-wheel, so I only had to buy 1. :) We missed you guys this weekend! Love you!