I thought it was time for a brief update.
We are still living in my hometown, Kayenta, Az. I think the longer we stay the more we like it. Although it takes us about an hour to get to a nearest Wal-mart or even Target. I miss Target.
Josh now works at the Wells Fargo Bank. He has been working there for about three weeks and has adapted well. Everyone loves him there and has already earned himself an award for great customer service. Today, he was given a free medium pizza for doing such a great job. I think perks like that make Josh love his job even more. For Halloween he will be dressing up for work and I will be sure to take a pic.
Josh was called to be the 2nd counselor in Young Men. We are both way excited and I think he will do a great job. The young men president is our former Stake President and already has put Josh to work, which is WAY AWESOME!!!!!!!
I was called to be a Relief Society teacher and I teach every second Sunday. I am way excited and can't wait to dig even more into the Joseph Smith teaching. It just thrills me even more to be working with ladies that I have always thought of as my second mothers. They were there when I was a child and are still there now, now that I am married and have kids of my own. I know that I will learn so much more from them.
Tyler, today in fact, decided to use the potty and did it all on his own. And no I have not once attempted to potty train him. For now I will just go with what he wants to do and see what's happens. He is a bundle of joy and I love him so much and I feel he still needs so much of my attention and love. Something I hope to always give. All last month he was with Grandma most of the day, because Taylor and I were involved in the FACE program. (Family and Child Education). We were part of the center-based program. But, I could only last a month being away from my little Tyler. I just felt that Taylor and I should be home with him. So,we switched to the home-based program and are way thrilled we get to be home with Tyler.
Taylor can run half a mile, of course with some rest breaks. The kids and I go on our daily walks around the football field. Today and yesterday she decided she wanted to run two laps. Our little tay tay has so much energy and I think its great she can run and use 1/4 of it up. She is constantly learning and picking up new words. She has a big heart and loves being around her cousin Angel and grandma and grandpa. She loves to entertain and laugh. She dances and always has silly remarks to say.
We are doing well and currently we hope to improve our food storage. So if any of you have great ideas about canning or hear of any great deals on food... please do tell.
2 comments:
wow it sounds like your doing great at home. well i hope all goes well for you. the kids must love being so close to grandma and grandpa. well hopefully i get to see you when i'm out for thanksgiving weekend in kayenta. looking forward to going back home. well take care and have a safe halloween =)
Hey I've been meaning to leave a comment, so sorry I am so bad about keeping up with everyones blogs. Anyway, thanks for the comments you have made and I also want to say how cute your kids are. You're doing a great job as a mommy I can see. Back in Kayenta, that's great.
Post a Comment