Monday, November 10, 2008
November Preparations!!
So far the month of November has surprised us with a day without water and another day without electricity. And I am happy to say that we were prepared!!! Yeah!! Well, one of the reasons why we decided to stay here in Kayenta was because we could actually start building our food storage, our kids would be able to play outside in an actual backyard, we could save money, get out of debt, and hopefully, but has not happened yet, get a house of our own. I was actually quite proud of myself knowing that we had the stuff we needed to continue on with our day when the lights and water were out. In a way I tried to think of it as a blessing, because this experience allowed us to see where we lagged in our preparations. It really does bring comfort knowing that when in despair or just having a day without water or lights, you have the means of still providing food, water, and warmth to your kids and family. I couldn't help but thank the Lord for his counsels and his warnings. During those two days of no water or lights, I gained a better understanding of his unconditional love for us, his children. Well, in my hopes to better my food storage I was informed by my father inlaw that I could go to a bakery store and ask if they sold empty buckets. He informed me that they usually sold them for a couple of bucks. So, this week I went to our local bakery store and asked if they had empty buckets for sale. And guess what!!!! They said YES!! So, this coming Thursday, I will have twenty empty bucket for the price of twenty dollars total!!! Yeah!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that is so great to hear about your endeavor to build your food storage. like you i'm a bit lost when it comes to food storage but i'm slowly understanding it adn getting things together..eventually we'll get there. it was so nice to see you this past sunday...your kids are a riot..they are both so cute and taylor was funny tying gali's shoes together lol even if gali didnt' think it was funny i did. lol. well i hope your november goes well and with no more surprises lol. take care
manda
Post a Comment