It now has been seven months since we have been living with Josh parents. Honestly, it has been great, although at times we simply miss just being our own crazy family! My mother in-law has a quote in her dining room area and I read it every time we sit down for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It's not that I make myself read it every time, its just right there in-front of me, so its kind of a habit now. Plus, not that we decided to have arranged seating either, it just happens to be that way. Anyway, this is the saying, Having someone to love is Family. Having somewhere to go is Home. Having both is a Blessing. So without thinking I start checking off the list. I have my babies and my hubby, check. It's not our home, but its a roof over our heads, check. And yeah, I guess I do have both! So, usually when things seem to be going crazy for me I think of this quote and I am well reminded that I am very blessed and should be grateful.. but, gee, lately I have been longing for a place of our own. Not that things are terrible, but I think I am just simply ready to makes messes else where. Well, what brought on this post was my crazy kids and me constantly worry about the next big mess!! ( those who have kids and live in someone's home knows what I mean..right?) Did I mention that Tyler is potting training, well he got the potty thing down, but not the poop. If it was my home, I would seriously just let him go bare naked outside until he figures this whole poop and toilet thing out. For now its constant worry of messes and me reminding him to go to the bathroom every hour and sometimes thirty minutes, etc. That is just one of the crazy things going on right now. The other day while I was feeding Talon I heard some loud noises, so I look outside on the front porch and see my two wild kids having a flower/plant fight with grandma's flowers. By the time Josh and I get out there, it was a terrible mess!!!! I wish I took a pic, but my was it a big, huge mess. Soil and flower potting every where and broken pots,, well one was for sure. The first thought that came to my mind was,,, Who are these kids mother!!! I seriously felt like I failed Motherhood 101 or something. I knew Josh felt the same way because without saying a word Josh took the kids away from the mess and had them sit down about 100ft from the house. It was the silent madness kind of thing. You know when your so frustrated that the best thing you can do is just go to your room and calm down. Josh came back and we both relieved our frustration by simply laughing. What can you do??? We cleaned up the mess and told the kids to come back. Taylor came up to us and said, " Sorry for ruining Grandma's flowers, I don't know why we did it, but it was fun!!" We had to explain to them that grandma's flowers and pots were not made for throwing or for that matter anyone else flowers. Josh mom is awesome, because within the seven months of us living here she continues to ask us if we need anything or if there is anything she can do to make our stay more comfortable and better for us. She continues to ask and every time she does; I am amazed because there have been plenty of messes to actually start to complain about, like for example: stuff falling and breaking (that has happened plenty of times), her carpet getting dirtier by the minute because the kids running inside with dusty feet, her wash machine running nonstop because we constantly make messes, the fact that her dish cabinet stays completely empty because they are all waiting to be washed (okay not that bad, but some days), the fact that her her sliding door window always has hand prints on it, and constant loudness in her home ( Josh and I figured our home would not be a home of reverence, just because our kids are LOUD). But I just like to say how LUCKY I am because she understands that sometimes messes are okay and that as a parent sometimes we can never stop those messes before it happens!! (if that makes since). So it is... SEVEN MONTHS of MESSES and counting. But I am not going to lie.. I will still pray and hope we can find a place of our own, because that's the way it should be.. just josh and I and are crazy kids.. Oh we replaced the flowers and broken pot.
1 comment:
Tawn. It's hard not having a place of your own...I know I too lived with my in-laws for 10 months and it was great, but I yearned for a place of my own! Things will get better for your family. Just hang in there. BJ
Post a Comment