This year I have really been discourage with my garden! I went in with a positive mind and was willing to do whatever I needed to do to get a flourishing garden! Well, the truth is, our soil is bad! It's like hard clay! And with bad soil come the pest and a lot of it!
I decided to plant marigolds all over!! The weather here has been crazy, its either crazy hot and windy, or blizzard raining. Either way the storms have managed to rip of many of the already fragile leaves. And I thought the planting a garden on the rez was bad, Nope, not even close!
Again, with my late start of planting I managed to buy some things at 75 percent off.. will just the
rasberry bush I scored for like three dollars... and the
strawberry plant I scored for 1.25. I was super excited about that!
My poor garden! I planted my garden straight with seeds! That is way I am so sad. Its easier to just buy already grown veggies and transplant them, but I get more fulfillment this way!
My lettuce, cabbage, broccoli, gettin ready to poke through, this was taken weeks before the little pests got to them!
I haven't given up just yet! I'm still hoping and working hard in the garden! Although I have been tending the garden at my own convenience! I hope to do better!
No comments:
Post a Comment