Sunday, June 10, 2012
4weeks and 3 more to go!
For some of you, you know Josh is trying to get on a the NGS power plant in Page, Arizona! Out of 900 plus applicants 18 were picked to take the grueling seven week class, in hopes of landing a job there at NGS! The whole process is insane and for one to fully understand the insanity of it, you have to go through it yourself. As a wife I still don't understand the stress, the pressure, the dedication it requires to endure the whole process. One thing I know, is I feel like a single mother tending to three kids. I do get to at least have him for a full day, which is kind of pushing it too. You see, Josh is taking classes that should be given in a period of 3 to four years, but he is taking it in a matter of seven weeks. On Thursday's he is tested and has to score over a 70 to pass for that week. He is given two chances to score under a 70 and still remain, but if failed the 3rd time, your out. Its a huge gamble for us, considering we need Josh to keep a job to maintain bills and whatnot and plus a baby on the way just adds to the pressure. And when I do see Josh its a good one to two hours and than we try to refrain and let him study. Some leasuire activities we have enjoyed as a family are going to the Lake for a couple of hours, going to the flea market, going to the park, etc... On my part it takes a lot of self control to not request more time with him. Believe me there are days where I am super tired and I just want Josh to take over, or days I wish I was taking his insane classes to just be free of motherhood for a couple of hours.(lol) I love my kids, but time away is needed. So, when I say this has been a crazy four weeks, it really has been. JOsh and I both understand that he could lose his job and we can be jobless and its something we don't want. So, when I find myself in wants of more of his attention, I have to remind myself that this crazy insane is actually better than being jobless. :)
The kids and I have been living with my Brother and it was been great. So, thankful he is able to allow my kids to take over and be crazy. Living in someone else home is no easy task either, but thankfully it has been great. It has taken the kids a bit to adjust from not having their own rooms and whatnot, but we are finding a suitable routine that seems to work.
It has been two weeks since I jumped in on the Primary wagon and I am happy to say, things are going smoothly. All the primary teachers that have been called are great and very willing. We are super excited. This calling has been in many ways a reward and a release of tension.
With three more weeks to go, we are faced with things to do. We need to find a place to live in Page, but again is it too soon to think. Ack... Crazy things like that tend to keep us in waiting.We will know in 3 weeks if the job is permanant or not.
I am five months prego and i can feel my stomach growing and growing!! Things are exciting and crazy at the same time!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment