Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I Love Oatmeal!!


Today was an excellent day for me. I was able to sleep an extra hour because Josh decided today he was going to be the one to get up and make breakfast for the kids. He was extra nice today. I love my hubby. Just small things like that can make my day. Well, on a lower note,I have been struggling with keeping tyler eczema under control. About three weeks ago I was informed about these Aveeno Oatmeal Bath Treatments and I decided I would try them. Plus it was all natural and I did not have to worry about tyler becoming immune to it. Well, I headed to Target and to my surprise I was blown away by how much it cost. Just for five packets it was close to ten dollars. I was a bit skeptical about buying it, but I knew tyler so needed it. I made the purchase. It did wonders on his skin. Well, today I ran out of these wonderful packets and I just did not want to spend another ten bucks. So I got thinking and looked at the ingredients on the aveeno packets. It Just simply stated natural colloidal oatmeal. So I googled it and found out I could make it myself. I kind of felt silly cause I started thinking.. this is probably something everyone knows and I am just finding out. So I pulled out my regualar store bought rolled oats and blended it in my blender.( my bullet).. It did wonders. I compared the aveeno to my blended oatmeal .. (exactly the same and smelled the same). So, this evening my kids had their oatmeal bath. It did the job. Yeah!!! So I am pretty happy that I will be spending three dollars a month and not thirty. I was so happy that I made oatmeal cookies too... yeah for oatmeal!!!

6 comments:

Meagan said...

That is so cool. Brooke has exzema also, I will have to try an oatmeal bath.

James and Summer said...

yea for oatmeal! yea for the internet that can help us know what to do! And I come from a whole fam. of sensitive skin and exzema and had not yet learned this oh so easy solution - Thanks! Good for you to look it up!

Nakki said...

I love that you made it yourself. So impressive!..did Ty Ty eat any of what he bathed in? lol I have to admit, I'd probably at least taste it!

Alacia said...

Wow, oatmeal baths?! I would never have guessed. I have exzema myself, and my solution is always to just leave the dry climate of Utah! lol. It always goes away when I live in humid places like Kansas City or here in Venice. Moving is a bit of an extreme, though, I guess. ;) So does the oatmeal just stop it from itching? Or does it clear up all the red? I'm very curious now! Go Tawnya!

Josh and Tawnya Begay said...

more so it relieves the itching, but also provides a barrier to keep in moisture... just nice cause its natural and don't have to worry about becoming immune to it..

njoseph said...

I'm so glad you tried it and it worked!