Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Stink Bug



Well, we have been on the rez for over two weeks and we are enjoying our time as a family. The kids enjoy it more everyday. They have cousins and the wide open space to play and run. That itself is such a reward for me. Now that they are outdoors all the time they have encountered many of the bugs that you can find on the rez (well, maybe off of the rez too). One of the bugs I see them chasing and picking on is the stink bug. The other day taylor showed me what the stink bug was doing. She just made me laugh because the rest of the day she was showing everyone what a stink bug does. Tyler on the other hand chases it and picks it up. He usually goes after the baby ones and tries to bring them inside the house. A couple of times he has succeeded! It's just fun having my kids have some of the same experiences I had when I was growing up.

2 comments:

Nava_jo said...

This reminds me of when we would kneel to say our prayers with our bums up. Just like a stink bug :)

Stink bugs are cool, I;m glad the kids get to experience them!

Nakki said...

And...don't forget their medicial quailties!!! Boil the pee in drink it for soar throats! Yum!