Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Page, Arizona
This past weekend instead of heading to the Window Rock Fair like we planned we headed to Page, Arizona. This is where Josh's dad from. We just thought we would have way more fun and plus we could shop for groceries at the Wal-mart, considering there is no Wal-mart in Kayenta. Well, we ended up heading to the lake too, but I am happy to say that I did not take my camara. Well, Josh, the kids and I were pretty excited about the lake. We made sure the kids had all their safety gear on and whatnot.. I really don't like being around lakes just simply because the situation is always unpredictable..I guess you could say that about a pool, but at least there you could see the bottom. Well, we hiked down to where the water was, we were not to far off from the dam. The kids were excited and Josh was too! The kids and Josh quickly jumped in while I tried to get situated and put our things where I felt would be safe from the water. It was fun, there were lots and lots of people and it seemed like everyone was enjoying themselves. At this time I had the two kids and Josh was swimming after a tube that got away. Well, while I was helping the kids get out of the water, this huge wave hits us hard. I about fell with the kids. While I was trying to get myself balanced and making sure the kids were fine.. ANOTHER ONE HITS US!!!! This whole time I was thinking.. what in the world??? Josh came swimming fast at us wondering if we are alright while everyone around is just as shocked! I guess a big cruise boat going at high speed just crepe on us. While we were trying to recover we see that all our belongings were sweep in the water. Josh and I about panic, cause he put the car keys in his shoe. We quickly found one shoe in the water upside down. I was instantly sick. I kept looking for the other shoe in the water, but couldn't find it. So, I slowly climbed to a higher spot where the wave did not touch and there I see the other shoe. I prayed that the keys would be in there. And IT WAS!!!!!!!! Oddly we can't figure out how his shoe ended up in a higher spot, but we were thankful for this little miracle. Well, that was a lesson learned for our family. You always have to be prepared and careful!!!! Oh, and that is why I am so happy I forgot my camara..is would of been at the bottom of lake powell!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment