Thursday, November 6, 2008
Back To A Healthier Living!!
We now have been in Kayenta for about two months and I finally have the kids on a daily routine that they like and actually follow. It seems like every time we move we jump out of our routine and pretty much our health kick goes out the window. Well, we finally decided once again to cook healthier meals and start working out. My cooking has been ok, but today I think I did an excellent job. I made a dinner that consisted of brown rice, fresh squash, fresh corn, and a big pitcher of water. I tried this new recipe and it turned out ok. Josh, the kids, angel and I ate it and no one rejected it. So, I am one happy camper. I'm always weary about trying new recipes, just because you never know if anyone is going to like it. I also started to lift weights once again and hopefully pick up running soon (considering we entered the relay marathon). I have been walking with my kids, but I think I am ready to pick it up a notch. I am pretty excited! My sis, Nat, volunteered to fill in our last spot in the relay marathon. Josh, is already on the ball, running and lifting weights. I guess overall Josh and I are way excited and are happy we are doing this as a family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your dinner sounds yummy. To make it perfect I would of added a lil'bit of halibut. But Kids and fish dont' usualy go over well. :) Way to go on the working out. I hear you on getting down a schedule and back to eating healthy. Joseph's grandmother cooks for him alot, so he is munching on greasy cheese and tortillas, I'm eating a salad ha ha
Post a Comment