Saturday, April 18, 2009

Kids Dental Appt.

Well unfortunately my kids have chalk like teeth. I took taylor to her first dental appt. when she was two and Tyler was one. There the doctor informed me that they were born with weak teeth and that their enamel was not strong at all. So, therefore my kids would be more prone to cavities, decaying, chipping, etc. So with that in mind I have tried to always make sure they brush and floss their teeth. I actually was quite surprise that they did not mind the flossing part. Well, taytay had the whole works done after her first visit. They repaired all her cavities and put white fillings in all her teeth even if there was no cavity. Tyler had a full on cleaning and was told that when he gets all his teeth in they would need to do the same with him as they did with taylor. Well, a year had passed and I finally took them to see their dentist again. Taylor had no cavities at all, which was awesome, but she did have some chipping. He repaired it and her teeth are back to new. Tyler on the other had is scheduled to finally have the whole works done. For this, they will have to put him to sleep. Obviously I think it would be to tramatizing for him if we did not. I am very pleased with their dentist and his assistants. I take them to a pediatric dentist, so everybody that works their is more understanding about cleaning kids teeth. Plus, all their fillings are white fillings....no silver teeth, which I think is nice because if it was the other way around taytay teeth would all be silver. And the great think about it, is it's covered by medicaid. Oh, plus the kids get balloons, a new tooth brush, and some toys just for their visit.

2 comments:

James and Summer said...

wow - there are so many new updates and so much to comment on! first of all - congrats on the boy! and happidy late b-day!!! and I love LOVE the fabric you have picked out for the baby blanket - that is going to be so cute! sorry about the kids teeth - mine are like that too ;( that little visitor is darling!

Sam and/or Monika said...

hey tawnya,
you're kids look so much older now! i can't believe how much time has passed. well, we are still in window rock for now. most likely headed back to provo in the fall. my kids' teeth are the same way. well, at least isaiah's. :( anyway, take care!! :) we miss you guys.