Monday, October 26, 2009

Non-Traditional Student Week!

So, Josh and I have been in school since May! Its been a long stressful five months. Seriously, its hard having a family and going to school. Some days I think, " Man I should of finished my schooling right out of high school. I guess technically I was trying, I had three years of college before becoming a mother, but gee its even harder. Well, this past week we celebrated Non-Traditional Student Week. Its for students who have kids or married, etc. I guess we are considered NON TRADITIONAL!! LOL Anyways, CEU, planned a fun week for all non-traditional students. We did not take part in Mondays or Tuesdays Activities which were free family swim night at the wave pool and I don't remember Tuesdays. It was because Josh and I were still tired from all our traveling and whatnot. We skipped class!!hehe

Wednesday, was Dinner/ Dance Night! It was super fun. I put on my red shoes and we had ourselves a ball. The dinner was awesome! The kids were included, but they had dinner and a movie in another room while the parents mingled and danced the night away. I forget how nice it is just to have a break from the kids and have some one on one time with my hubby. It's funny how that happens.. I have one on one time with each of my kids, but I always forget that my hubby needs one on one time with me. The night was a hit! We returned home to our beds with full bellies and tired toes!! ( I have pics, but will post them later). Thursday, was free ice cream and an extra 10% off of anything at the book store. Friday was a big day! It was Free Museum/ Tail Gate/ Volleyball Game! We had lots of fun!

The kids getting ready to head to the Museum!

My cutie taytay!
Having fun digging for dinosaur bones!
Tyler standing by the dino!
I thought this was pretty cool! The rest of the evening was fun too! We had some yummy burgers/hotdogs/chips/cookies/water for dinner and hit the vb game. The vb game was actually exciting! Saturday, we watched WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE, which was free for us, due to being a non traditional student! We had a super fun week and it was fun to get our minds off of homework, exams, and deadlines! Non-traditional student week came at the right time, because wild/crazy/ things were going through our minds... Seriously, for example:
LETS JUST GO BACK TO THE REZ
LETS RUN TO THE BORDER
LETS GO TO HAWAII
THIS IS IT, I'M NOT GOING TO CLASS
OH, MAN ITS TEN O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING, I MISSED ALL MY CLASSES
SO WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO TODAY BESIDES CLASS
HEY WE CAN MAKE A LIVING OFF OF SELLING JUNK ON THE REZ
LETS SELL BURRITOS
the list went on and on, but seriously school can cause some crazy thinking. Luckily, we have non trad student week to give us this carefree/relaxing/fun week...
Keep in mind we just got done with midterms..

2 comments:

Nakki said...

So fun! Can't believe they have a program like that. FREE is best!

Dallas said...

Sounds like you had a pretty fun week! So glad we are somewhat done with school...traditional schooling that is 'cause Dallas is now attending his Army Officer Schools. You are a wonderful mother Tawn! It's amazing how you are able to handle the many transitions in your families life, AMAZING! BJ