Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mystery Valley

Guess What? Today we went to Mystery Valley and it was Jaw Dropping Beautiful!!
Taytay was pretty impressed too! It made her do silly things like:
hang like a cute monkey....
hang like a crazy monkey...
and hang like a cuter monkey...heehhe
The kids found some cool trees to play in!! Well, Mystery Valley is the valley where my nali had her summer quarters set up. She bring her sheep, her horse, her shade house, and a couple of her cows and live there all summer long. I teased and say she had a portable house..heheheh
Well, as a child I visited mystery valley plenty of times, but this time around I finally took a tour of the place. I say tour because as a kid you only think of one thing when your out at sheep camp..is PLAYGROUND!!!So being older and wiser I found that this place Mystery Valley had plenty more things to offer! So as I toured this place I wondered and wondered about the people who once called it their home. In this pic... you see that this was the place where they grind their corn or whatever it was .... (ummm, pretty mysterious)..
and here are more grinding spots! (maybe this was their kitchen area?)
and a few yards away was this dwelling area....
and inside that dwelling area was rows and rows of hand prints and all sizes!!! I imagined the mother's were hard at work while the kids showed their artistic abilities...(???? but who knows,,,its a mystery???)
one was quite artistic...
Talon showed his artistic abilities by putting his hand in the sand...
Here was one spot we drove by...
and here is another one.. awhhh breath taking..

and another one with Monument Valley in the back ground...So, as we left Mystery Valley today.. I came to understand just a little bit why they would call it Mystery Valley!!!

3 comments:

Nava_jo said...

aww I want to visit! Maybe I can talk Joseph into a weekend visit. We can go here and Mystery Valley. :) THe pics make me homesick for the REZ. Looks like tons of fun.

Nakki said...

Ditto. Soh pritty.

Jess said...

Those pictures are absolutely stunning! I love it, and have never heard of that place. That is cool that your Grandma once lived there.Cute pics of Taylor :)