Sunday, August 22, 2010

Green Thumb

Did I mention that I planted my first garden ever?! I am super excited!! Everything is flourishing!
Here is my lettuce patch... I think I planted a bit tooo much!! Anyone need some lettuce? I think I've had my share of lettuce shakes and I still have plenty!! I did not realize that they grow quite rapidly and about in a cycle of three times during the season!! ack!!
In this jungle there are squash, winter squash, carrots, cucumbers, tomotoes, cherry tomatoes, green peppers, bell peppers, etc....
Not only did I work in the garden day in and day out.. I also planted some much needed grass!!! Next project will be the back yard, so the kids can have a place to play without gettin so dirty when they play with water!!! Planting a garden has been great! All the hard work was worth it!! But I just wish i planted my pumpkins. I bought pumpkins seeds to plant, but I lost them.... hopefully next year!!!

2 comments:

Nakki said...

Jealous. My measly attempt at a "garden" consists of a potted tomatoes and strawberries...they both didn't do so well, they're still alive, just didn't produce much fruit...we'll try it again next year. I love your garden!

Jess said...

Great job!! Especially doing it on the Rez, it is amazing when things grow here. We are going to attempt doing both a garden and grass next year. Sarah loves gardening and is great at it and so we figure we should be like her and have fresh veggies from home.