
The Theme for the Month of November is "A House of Order"!(mind in our house):0) and hopefully it will carry on into eternity! :) Do any of you stress as much as I do about life and raising kids? Well, I do and mostly its probably good stress, but lately its been on my mind a lot! Yesterday at church, in our combined meeting we talked about October's Ensign, which is Temples! The short time I was in that class, (talon was being a bit tooo loud)..it was a good ten minutes. I thought of the temples of the Lord and how beautiful they were! I thought of my first time in a temple when I was a young kid being sealed to my parents! I thought of the time I got my endowments out for the first time, right before my mission. I thought of my Temple wedding. I thought of the day when I started my geneolgy work and how special is was for me to take my first name to the temple and how right there inside I was given a special confirmation that someone above was smiling! I thought of my children and how I yearned and hoped that one day, they too would partake and love the temples as much as I did! One man in class remarked how literally it was heaven on earth! And its true! But, with all this concern of my life, my children and etc... I could not help but put a finger on what I could possible do to instill these precious truths in my kids. I know some may give me the the sunday school answers, but I yearned for more understanding! I wanted more specifics..( i know, how much more specifc can you get with sunday school answers), right? I wanted to know how I could achieve all my wants and desires for my family! I wanted a house of learning, a house of love, a house of compassion, a house of service, a house of smiles and happiness, a house of giggles, a house of refinement, a house of geeks, a house of adventure, a house of appreciation, etc.. the list went on and on. I understand that my time as a teacher to my kids are right now when they are young and strong and willing. I sat there pondering all this, and than someone remarked.... Temples are a House of Order! He said more, but that's all he had to say!!! So, for me... that's where it will start! So, what's a house of order!!! That will be our mission this month, to do. We will learn it and live it! I understand already that it does not mean that my house has to be clean 24-7 and heaven forebids dirty dishes, dirty hands, dirty whatever, but it also does not mean to not clean at all! I'm on a family quest and I will post of our tresures learned! Can you believe in less than ten minutes I came to these conclusions!! Neat-O I say!
No comments:
Post a Comment