Sunday, January 30, 2011

A very, very, very, very.... Good Day!

Have you every had a day where you felt that you were always in the right place at the right time? Today I did and that's why it was a very, very, very,...good day!
Josh and I had initially planned on going to the Temple early in the morning around seven, but we got there around 9:20am. We had not planned on doing any genealogy, but the day before I was reminded that one needed to be done! Thanks Nat! Well, to my surprise it was a busy, busy day at the Provo Temple! The parking lots were full and tons and tons of people flooded the sidewalks that lead up to the temple! It was awesome! In the walls of the temple I was able to witness special things and felt instantly someone above was shinning and gleaming with joy! Doing temple work and being a proxy for that person who has left this life has been a rewarding experience for Josh and I.
Well, while I was waiting for Josh in the temple, I sat there pondering life and all the things that have transpired in our lives and how the Lord has had his hand in many of the decisions we have made. I felt very blessed in that instant knowing that we put him, Christ, in the center of our lives. About six years ago, in that same temple, Josh had asked me to marry him. With no hesitation or doubt I said yes! I remember instantly after Josh proposing to me I thought of a talk that was given by a general authority some years back and thanks to my local leaders back in arizona, it was something they repeatedly told us. The talk was something about being in the right places! In that talk it explained that when your in the right place, right things will happen! And of course on that day, the day Josh asked me to marry him, we were most defiantly in the right place doing right things!
Well, i was thinking about these things when I noticed a couple not too far from me getting their marriage work done! I thought, how exciting it was for them. It was exciting for Josh and I when we had gotten our temple recommends, marriage licence, etc... and it was a responsibility only intended for the bride and groom! I sat looking at the couple when I noticed,, hey! I know that girl! The bride to be! It had been years since I had last seen her, but it was her! I was so thrilled and could not believe it!
Talk about being in the right place at the right time! I think we about squealed when we saw each other! I congratulated her and hugged! It was wonderful!
After our session she was still outside of the temple taking pics, so I was able to get a pic taken with her too!!! We got caught up as quickly as time allowed, but gee it was so nice! Shelly and I had worked together and she was one of the girls rootin Josh and I on when we first got engaged and she also came to one of my receptions.
Us just chatting away!
Only pic we took of her and her husband.. I know its a kissing one, but that's okay! Well the remainder of the day it got better. I was also able to meet up with a roommate I had, went to ikea, and just had some good family fun with my little family! Today was a very good day for me! I felt like I was in all the right places!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool is that story! Emotional n hapy moment. Love it tawn. I love u daughter n your precious family. Definately @ the right places, no doubt about it. :) mom

njoseph said...

Aww...luv spiritual butterflies! Ur doing great keep going strong:)

Jess said...

How neat! What great pictures and good for you doing those things. :) Yeah, right place and the right time huh?