Sunday, July 31, 2011

Our Happy Garden

I'll be leaving this garden in about 13 days or less. Josh job is transferring him to Logan, Utah and he starts there on the 13th. This was very short notice on AT&T part, but its a good job and we don't mind Logan at all. The garden is looking good, but what I did not expect to see growing is pumpkins.
I was planning on growing pumpkins, but maybe a couple, like only two plants. Well, it looks like I got my seeds mixed up cause looks like we are gonna have plenty of pumpkins to carve.
I wanted to plant a whole lot of cucumbers, because I love them and could eat and eat them. I really have no idea how I got them mixed up, cause pumpkin seeds and cucumber seeds look completely different from one another.. Oh, well?
Here are my favorite veggies! Well, now that we are leaving, its kind of a bummer I won't be in the garden tending to my veggies. I really love having a garden. I have to say its truly empowering knowing your providing your family with food grown from the back yard instead of a grocery store. I love the feeling. Nothing beats eating cherry tomatoes right from the vine. So far my Garden experience has been GREAT! I've learn so much in the last two years!

2 comments:

Nakki said...

I like it.

Cherisse said...

Wow, it looks great! We have a little garden, but it's not in our backyard, but at our friends house. Wish I could just walk out and pick what I needed! Glad you love juicing! I've been making a bigger effort too to eat healthier on a daily (hourly) basis! My body is a lot happier when I do and so am I! Good Luck on your move to Logan!