The first garden I planted was almost two years ago! It was such a fun and hard working experience. Well, this past year I was not able to to plant another one because I was not living in Kayenta anymore. I figured my mom would plant something, but nope. So, while I was away tending to my garden in Castle Dale, my garden plot in Ktown was turning into a garden of WEEDS! Well, I came back to Ktown about two months ago and my goodness, were the weeds tall and huge!! It was crazy looking! I thought of my poor fruit trees I had planted too and they were surrounded by mounds and mounds of weeds! Seriously, it was bad! So, what was I to do? Well, I decided that every morning I would wake up and chop those weeds down! And that's what I did! I actually got some blisters and it gave me a daily workout! I eventually chopped a pathway to my trees! My trees were free once again! Well, I figured I needed to do the whole garden! And guess what I found! BLUEBERRIES!!! I was given blueberries and raspberries to plant last year. They were very sad looking and on the verge of death, but I planted them anyways. Well, all my raspberries died, but I guess the blueberries decided to stay around!! I found five blueberry bushes and two of them were producing blueberries!!Yay, I was super excited! This finding redeemed my Ktown garden plot!!!
I decided I wanted to take three of those raspberry bushes with me to Logan, Utah!?? I don't know if they are gonna live, but I transplanted them to a big pot! Eck?! I guess we shall see. I left the two bigger ones in the ground.
I'm super excited and I can't wait to see how my strawberry bushes are doing in Castle Dale. I planted them in a pot too! So, I'm thrilled to see my garden in four more days!! Yay! My love for planting fruits and veggies are a love affair I can't resist!! I love it! I love the work and the excitement it brings me!! I'm just glad I attempted to chop down all the weeds, because if I hadn't, than I wouldn't of found my blueberries!


No comments:
Post a Comment