I attended parent conference yesterday and I actually had a good time! I went and visit with Tyler's teacher first! My Tyler is such a determined boy. Once he set his mind to something, he's immovable. Well, that's usually a good thing,but in this case not really! If he doesn't want to learn his abc's that day, well he's not going to. The same goes with writing his name, numbers, and counting. His teacher loves his softness and his direct, straightforward attitude. She said his honesty just catches her off guard because his reply back to her is a response in a way that says "Why you making me do things I don't know? I just don't know and that's okay!" LOL. That kids reminds me of his father. But his biggest accomplishment this past week was finally writing his name on his own. His classmates and teacher gave him a loud cheer! That made him super happy! I just have to be super patient with Tyler, because eventually with time and lots and lots of practice he will learn all the he needs to to get through kindergarten!
Next I visited with Taylor's new teacher. She was given a new teacher this week. I think to help fit her learning experience. Well, Mrs. Yellowhair said she loves Taylor! She's the motherly hen of the group she said. She than explained. She said Taylor is happy to reteach her classmates. She said Taylor learns quickly and loves to help those who don't understand. So, she quickly gets done with her assignment and than helps those who don't know how to do it! Mrs. Yellowhair says, " You can hear her say, Well, this is how you do it! Let me show you!". That kid cracks me up! Her character and personality is so vibrate! Her love for life and learning is fun and exciting! I love it and I can't wait to see what both my kiddos bring to their life and others! Plus, they just finished some testing! And guess what she's at the top of her class once again. Her teacher explained to me the school's average score and Taylor tested well above it! That surely was a proud moment, but I can't help but remember that she's just a kid and enjoying life! And as long as she loving school and learning lots that's okay!
No comments:
Post a Comment