Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trick or Treat 2011

Trick or Treating for the Begay family started around 3:30pm! We started early due to the fact that it would be dark at six and we had some places we wanted to hit! The kids returned home from school and quickly put on their costumes and than I painted their faces! They were super excited and I was surprise to see that Talon was too!.  Well, I guess being the youngest you quickly recognize if older siblings are happy and excited, something fun and big was gonna happen!
Our first stop was the mall! I like trick or treating at the mall.  For me its like Trunk or Treating.  None of this ringing the door bell and if your tired you could take a seat for a couple of minutes or so.  The kids had a fun time. Talon was loving that he was not strapped to his stroller and I was actually letting him roam the mall.
All my kiddos were vampires this year! Last year I fell across a slamming deal after Halloween.  I bought these costumes for less than two dollars a piece.  
These pictures of Taylor were taken before we headed out to the mall! This was the only time Taylor wore her fangs.  LOL.  

This is Talon at the mall! He was happy to be walking all by himself and seeing all the free candy he was getting.  Everyone kept giving him huge handfuls, do to him being cute and small.  
Our next stop was Home Depot! They had a Halloween Scavenger Hunt in the store! I knew the kids would enjoy it! So we spent a good hour or so there.  It turned out great! Besides candy, the kiddos received fun Halloween trinkets.  They received some scary fingers, silly glasses, balloons, etc.. It was fun walking around the whole store looking for clues!! I thought it was a great idea on Home Depots part!
Finally, we made it to our last stop! We went trick or treating in our ward boundary!! The kids had a great time! I think we trick or treated for a good hour or so! We stopped once it got dark! A lot of the homes we visited were owned by a much older group and every time they saw Talon all decked in his vampire costume, they give him a handful of candy! I mean like those mini-sized snicker kind of candy! And since so many people were giving so much he expected everyone to give him that much... crazy kid! I had to start carrying his bag because it got too heavy for him..lol
I love Halloween! Yes, the treats and parties are fun, but what I like the most is being able to be with my kids! I love their excitement and I feel blessed to be part of it! 
Well as you can see, I took tons and tons of pictures! Aren't they cute! 
Well, by the end of the day I was super tired and they were tired too! Trick or treating was successful! They filled their bags and Josh was super proud! We returned home the same time as Josh. Not only were we successful with trick or treating, but Josh was too! He was able to surpass all of his monthly goals at work!! Yay! 
This is talon cruising the mall with candy bag in hand!
Taylor and Tyler outside of Home Depot showing me their scary fingers!
Talon wanted me to take a pic of him and the pumpkins! That reminds me! We had tons and tons of pumpkins laying around in our house and not once did we carve a pumpkin! opps.  
This is Talon running to another door.  He caught on quickly with the whole trick or treating! Little man was excited!

I hope everyone had a Fun, Exciting, and Spooky Halloween!! I think next time I will try to bake cookies or something..lol 

No comments: