Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween Party and the Repunzel Dress!

The month of October is just FUN! We already had our share of Halloween parties and activities and I think we are just about done, well, besides trick or treating! A couple of evenings ago the kids and I went to the our residential Halloween Party and we had a good time! Well, Taylor really wanted to be repunzel and I could not bare to disappoint! So off to Walmart we went! I bought the cheapest fabric I could find and I think I got lucky! It was a dollar fifty a yard and I just needed two yards.  I than bought three yards of the ribbon we found for 39 cents a yard, so I basically bought all I needed for five bucks.  I really did not want to stress over the dress, so I pulled out all my supplies.  I found a pattern I could work with, I had fabric glue, and had my sewing machine and thread.  So, with that I got to work.  I'm so thankful for fabric glue.  I just glued the ribbon on, and hopefully later I will sew it.  
Well, here's the result.  I think I did an okay job!!! Taylor loved it! She wore it for two days and even slept in it!
We had tons of fun at the party and it being a Halloween party we couldn't leave without being spooked!! Check out these creepy creatures.  Tay and Tyler were scared of the clown. Before we entered the spooky tunnel we had to pass by this guy!! He had crazy eyes!!!

While we were in the spooky tunnel we fell upon a vampire!!! Ack! We had tons of fun!

We also had professional pictures taken too, still waiting for them to send it our way!!
The kids engaged themselves in all the activities!! We did the cakewalk, donut game, bingo, etc...
As you can see we had a lot of fun!!Our RA and fellow housing committee know how to party, which we are soooo thankful for!! We really never have a dull weekend!
We would have to say Halloween is one of the best Holiday's we have! Josh and I have not had a chance to dress up simply because its pretty expensive buying costumes.  If the kids had it their way, Tyler, would be wearing a 25.00 dollar costume and so would Taylor.  Maybe one Halloween, we will just dive in and splurge?!
We can't wait to see everyone else costumes. 

1 comment:

Nava_jo said...

Ty Ty's chubby belly is so cute!