Well, its been well over a month since we've lived on campus at USU! And since I've been here I've noticed a couple of things! The first thing I noticed was NORTH FACE GEAR! I see it every where!! I see it when I go to the grocery store, walmart, sams club, gas stations, and for heaven sakes even at the elementary school. The five and six year olds are more trendy than me. Well, if you call mountain wear trendy, but anyways, its NORTH FACE and everyone has it! Thank goodness my hubby hooked me up with some North Face snow attire, I'll feel pretty hip when the snow stays and I need to wear it to warm the car up!
Second thing I noticed is BIKES!! They are every where!! WE have a huge window in our apt. and you can see everything. Well, every time I look out that window I see bikers, pedaling up the slow steep slope hill! I give them credit, cause man it looks like it hurts! I also see people flying down the hill!! Crazy kids! Anyways, I think it looks kind of fun, but gee its kind of stressful driving. Since there are so many bikers around Logan, period, you really have to have an active awareness of things around you, you don't want to hit one. The other NIGHT there was this biker with no refelectors, wearing all black, racing down a hill on one of Logan's busiest street and Josh about pulled out in front of him!! Gee's common since people, Dude needs some lights and light clothing! Well, despite all these two wheel motorist, I think it supports the common theme around here which I feel this is lightly put, " USU GRANOLA FREAKS, WHERE THE NATURAL ROAM!" I stole this from someone on facebook. I couldn't help but laugh. Well, we have our North Face Gear, and josh once upon a time did own a $500 plus bike,, lol!! Maybe we've come to our roaming grounds or we are in the running for "WANNA BE"-maybe..lol?!!
Third thing I noticed and hopefully I can get off my butt and do SOON is Run the hilly hills here!! They are everywhere on campus!! I love it! We see runners every where, but I have yet to see a mother pushing a jogging stroller?? People love to run here and it's exciting!! I tell myself every morning I'm gonna hit the pavement and do it! It would be a great leg workout, cause these slow inclines are killers and at the top of the hill is the weight room I have yet to check out! I soooo need to take advantage of this. I think I've lost about 25lbs since I started my juicing! I've slowed a bit, but want to kick it up again. This whole move is still going and I still haven't felt settled yet. WE still have over twenty boxes to unpack and get organized. I've donated a lot of stuff to DI and it looks like I won't be stopping. Gee, the junk we pack is insane.
Next is GREEN HOUSE Alert!! I see them everywhere! We live right next to one and a couple more around the corner. I think its super neat-o!! I've always wanted to work in one and just to learn the in's and out of one! I think its pretty cool!! Growing your own food is AWESOME as is!
USU is family oriented!!! This works great for our family! There are tons and tons of family activities planned where we live. This might just be a utah thing, but its great!
Fans of USU AGGies are just as crazy as BYU!! lol! As we speak kids are camped out to buy basketball tickets for the BYU and Aggie Basketball game coming up!!
There is a lot more to be said of Logan, but these were the obvious few!! Well, putting Logan aside, the family is doing well. Tyler lost his first tooth. It was his bottom front tooth. He picked at it all day until he finally pulled it out late in the night! He came to me and gave me the tooth. He wanted to stay up and wait for the tooth fairy. He eventually feel asleep and was super excited to see money under his pillow!! That made his day!! Tay believing in the tooth fairy was super excited for him too! About two days ago, tay lost another bottom tooth. She told me to pull it out! I did the classic tool extraction, well maybe in my family only. I grabbed a ---- tool gripper-(don't know the name of the tool) and pulled it out. Just like how a doctor does it. Its fast and painless. The scary part is the anticipation before its done! So I have two toothless kids! lol
Talon is actually kind of packing on some weight. Maybe, but he's sure gettin heavy. His stomach is still small as ever, but he's packing on weight some where?!
I currently have one A and one B in the two classes I'm taking! Its been stressful, but I hope to prevail! I'm taking a family and marriage class. They talk about sex a lot and I read things I feel some students should keep to themselves. I still have no clue what I want to be???? I hope to find out soon, so I can move in that direction???
Josh is doing fab-0! Josh has a gift of persuasion! I think that's why he's so good at what he does and also, for what-ever reason, he tends to talk to people that gives him the hook ups! Due to this we were given a free imac, free drinks, free football games (limited), free candy( limited), free bb ticket (limited)... I don't know, but he has a way with words and connecting with people. The other day he told me I can read people easily, its my job, but when it come to my wife I have no clue!!! LOL
1 comment:
so glad you guys are adjusting well to logan. ;) ....and i hear ya about those bikers, they scare me! well, actually, just pedestrians in general. it's like cattle crossing. ;)
Post a Comment