Thursday, December 29, 2011

Homemade Christmas 2011

This past April on my B-day Josh bought me a sewing machine and since than my love for sewing has grown even more. I love to sew and make things. I love that feeling of giving someone a gift I made with my own hands. And yes, sometimes its cheaper to just buy it, considering how expensive the cute fabrics are. But this Christmas I opted to sew all my gifts. I did not realize the huge task I was taking on, but some where in all the heaps of fabric, glue, pins, paper, etc.. I managed to finish most of them. The pictures below are the things I sewed.
Opps, well this one I received from my kiddos. They made these at school and brought them home for me to open and I proudly put it on the tree. Aren't they cute. 
Thanks to pinterest I came across these ideas! I had no patterns to work with, but I looked a lot at the pictures.  I picked the fabric at good ol' walmart and luckily for me they were all on sale.  I made a scripture holder for Taylor. I also made activity bags for them as well. I thought the whole crayon holder pockets were cute. 


I felt I needed to add something to the front of the bag and since Tyler loves transformers, I tried my best to do the logo.. well, who knew I picked the bad guy logo.. opps.  lol.  I tried my hardest to depict a temple on tay's bag. 
I love how the bags turned out! 

We tried to make our tree trimmings homemade.  I had a lot of ideas lined up, but it was just too much.  So, I would just hang up stuff the kids colored from school and it seemed to work.  

Josh sister, Naco, gives Josh a ninja turtle every Christmas.  It started with dvd's, than a key chain, and now this.  We can't wait for next years idea!
I think this may of been the most time consuming one.  I made these dolls for Joleen's little girls!!! Again I found this on pinterest and had to free hand the whole thing.  I think they turned out great!!! 
Tyler had been begging for a cape and I finally made one for him and Tyler!
This year I hit Black Friday and I hadn't thought of going to JoAnne's, but someone mentioned to me they had AWESOME deals! So, I decided to put that on my list of stores!  And I'm glad I did!! Fleece was like 2.00 a yard and there was cute fabric!
Lastly I made baby carriers for allea and yosea's baby! I got this idea from them. All summer long Jojo took her girls on small hikes and they always had some sort of doll or stuff animal with them and I thought how fun it would be to have a carrier for them while they hiked. Again, thanks to pinterest I got some ideas on how to make a carrier. So, this was my homemade Christmas. I had a lot of fun and can't wait to do it again! I think sewing for kids is my favorite so far.

1 comment:

Sam and/or Monika said...

WOW! i am extremely impressed! you did such a great job, awesome ideas!