I'm all for Jump Starting my New year with new goals, hopes, dreams, aspirations, resolutions, etc!! I'm glad there is a day that signifies for millions that new beginnings are ahead!! But, I have yet to fully achieve all the goals I usually set out to do!! So, with this new year and the twelve months that lie ahead, I have re-listed and modified some of my new and old goals for this new year 2012!!! I may or may not add to this list, but its a rough outline.
1. Write my New Year's Blog, that way my goals will be written out and there for me to see!
2. Read the Book of Mormon with my kids everyday, even it's only one verse. Josh and I have been doing this since November. We are on 1Nephi 11. I has taken us over two months to get to chapter 11.
3. Maintain a clean home and teach my kids the importance of having a clean, clean, clean home! My mom taught me the importance of having a super clean home. She always said if there is a will, there is way! With kids included! So, with much patience and constant teaching and showing, my kids know when I mean business. LOL! They still drive me up the wall, when it takes like five plus tries to get them to hang their jackets, put their shoes away, clean their dishes, etc... And I still cringe when drinks are spilled or anything that just splatters. Since we moved into our apt., I vowed we would keep it super clean, so when we move out, it wouldn't be so hard to move out, because I would deep clean once a week! (you know clean behind the stove, clean the fridge, etc..) I have been kind of diligent in that area, but I wasn't prepared for the finger nail polished walls talon created or the butter carpet and lotioned furniture he got his hands on!) I'm aware of the spontaneity kids bring to my life and its expected and welcomed, but I try my hardest to never give in and leave it, which I have to admit sounds good 99% of the time!
4. Get A's in my classes! I fell short last semester. I received one A and one B+! This semester is kind of looking okay!! It would of been better if I could get my last text book I need. I'm already three quizzes behind and its driving me crazy. My other class, so far maintaining my 100% score. For some odd reason, the book store is having a super hard time getting my book to me. It's not like I had them send it to my home. They just don't have it in stock and I am waiting for them to tell me one is available! Thankfully my teacher is cool with this!
5. Eat more veggies for lunch and dinner and snacks!!! We love food here and soda!!Eck...it really needs to be put to a minimum. I hope to steam veggies more often and juice/blend more veggies!! Our Veggie intake needs to increase by 90%!! I've been implementing this for about three months now! We seem to enjoy cabbage, steamed carrots, and cauliflower. I learned that the spinach needs to be added to a veggie/fruit shake! kids will not just eat it straight out.
6. Drink more water!!!!! I need to drink more water!! I seriously need to, cause as of now I'm hurting my body! I want my kiddos to understand that water is vital to healthy living. I don't know how you mommies get your kids drink water, but feel free to share your tricks!!
7. Spend money wisely and maintain a budget! Josh and I try to stick to a budget, but a lot of times we find ourselves over spending!! I also feel its important to teach our kiddos money management. Again, any advice is welcomed! I am still trying to figure this one out!
8. Don't let past mistakes bring me down! Deal with it and move on! And lastly learn from it! Josh and I bought an Audi like in 07 and that has haunted us since. It has been an expensive lesson! So, this is what happened! We thought we paid our geico payment online the week before our coyote accident we had with it. That coyote accident tore our ride up!! We weren't worried about getting it fixed or paid, cause surely our insurance would cover it, until we get the bill and they tell us our insurance has declined our claim. What!! Yeah, we later learned some odd thing happened with out payment and it was never processed! We went through a whole mess and it did not turn well into our favor. We were stuck with thousands of debt and car payments on top of it. This was not fun at all. On top of that, Josh new job was not providing the money we once had. I think this may of been the hardest thing Josh and I faced as a couple and not to mentioned two young kids at the age of one and two. It was super hard, hard and trying, but I have to say, these trying moments provided us with opportunities to grow as a couple and we were able to establish a stronger, loving, devoted relationship! We were able to see each other at our weakest and strongest!! Would I ever want to relive it, nope, but I wouldn't change it one bit. So five years later, with two new rides and 75% of dollars in debt paid off, we are still in the game, alive, healthy, and moving forward. What I've learned is be prayerful in all you do, be realistic about money and how much you have, be patient, and trust in the Lord, All things are possible through him!
9. Print my Blog Book! I'm gonna do it and start my Mission blog!! There are tons of letters and pics that need to be prepared, so I can print it into a blog too!! I want my family and kids to know what my mission meant to me and how a mission is a time of selfless service and a time that is meant only for the Lord!!! It's not your time, its the Lord's time!
10. Live in simplicity and be frugal! There are tons and tons of thing I want and want!! I enjoy the good things of life, like food, nice clothing, furniture,etc. And I'm not gonna lie, it would be super nice to have. I've been told repeatedly to by things that will last, even if you have to pay a bit more extra. I don't know how this relates to being frugal and simplicity, but I guess what I'm trying to say is take care of the things you have and buy for quality not quantity. Be smart about what you buy!
Here are a few big goals of mine. I may start and and completely stop a few of these goals, but the goal is to accomplish them one day!! :)
1 comment:
Oh man, I love your goals. I could borrow like every single one of them :P
I am still trying to figure out a good way to get everyone involved in cleaning.. if you find a magical method that works for you, let me know!!!
YES on the spinach in a fruit smoothie!! We do that also with kale, carrots, and broccoli (although the broccoli is a bit stronger). My kids LOVE it. And when you use the frozen stuff it maintains a lot of the nutrients instead of cooking them out.. I gotta have more green smoothies..
On the more water - both me and my daughter tend to get dehydrated. (The boys drink just fine...) So me and Melissa keep tabs on each other and remind each other to get a drink if our lips look dry. It sounds silly, but it has helped :P I've also done a "rule" where I get a glass of water every time I'm in the kitchen. And I use a bigger sized cup. Also, having a nice non-leaking water bottle to bring places helps. Then I don't have the excuse of having to find a water fountain.
That sounds horrible about what happened with your car!! Glad you are able to be moving on from it!
Post a Comment