Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sunday 2012

Easter Sunday was a nice relaxing day for us! Church was Great and I couldn't be more grateful for the simplest of blessings like: attending church with my little family, the nice warm sunny day, the uplifting lessons given at church, etc.. I could go on, but today I felt it was all about being grateful for who we are and what we have and most importantly being grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ.  He has provided unfailing love, hope, and joy to us and so so so much more.  Today, I thought my kids and I just wanted to teach them something simple and something they could remember about why we celebrate Easter. 
Josh and I decided to have Family Home Evening.  Josh and I are kind of all over with FHE, we tend to have it on any day of the week.  We shoot for Monday, but that tends to not really work out.  But, it being Easter and the kids totally digging the plastic eggs, candy, and their Easter Baskets, it kind of easy to over look the true meaning of Easter.  We decided to pull  out the gloves and teach them about the gift of Resurrection.  Resurrection being a big word for adults, I can only imagine what it means to kids. :) We past out the gloves and got to the lesson.  We taught them about our spirits and our physical bodies.  We explained what happens when we die and what happens to our bodies and spirits.  We also explained what resurrection was and what would happen to our spirits and bodies. And we explained how Christ plays a key role in this process.  

I wasn't prepared to feel the overwhelming feeling of gratitude as  I shared my testimony with my kids.  I taught them in the most simplest of ways I could.  I did not have to use big words or have elaborate pictures or the iPad ( there are tons of church movies that sure help), but the spirit sure filled in the areas I lacked and I was super grateful for that, because I'm always worried that maybe they won't understand the things I want them to know.  How awesome it is to have a loving Heavenly Father who understands our desires and wants as parents and loves us enough to fill in our pot holes.  :) 

I know the kids felt something and learned some things, because for the next few days they played the resurrection and dead game with their gloves.  LOL 
After church I told Josh I wanted some pics of the kiddos! 
It was such a nice day! 
I'm glad Josh puts up with my constant nagging of picture taking! I often remind myself that we will be happy we did and their own kids will be happy we did! I often wished I had more pictures to show my kids, esp. on special occasions like my baptism, birthdays, etc.. 
For the remainder of the day we just hung out and had a yummy dinner.  I used a chicken recipe my sister had used while we were there visiting in AZ! It was so good, that I had to try it on my own. 

After we ate the kids played and played outside with all the neighbor kids! Our downstair neighbor's brought their leftovers to us, so we enjoyed ham and rolls and some yummy potatoes.. Josh was in Heaven, because I lack in my cooking skills. lol I was grateful too! 

We just chilled for the remainder of the day!
Yesterday, the kids dyed some eggs, so before it got to late we took the kids on an egg hunt somewhere by the mountains. 
They loved having their own Easter Egg Hunt! It was fun and that was all we could manage, considering we had a busy day before! I hope everyone had a fun Easter! My sister sent me some pictures of their Easter back in AZ! It looks like they had fun!! Hopefully next year we can be there too!
I kind of went overboard on uploading pictures! Enjoy the rest! 














1 comment:

Cherisse said...

Too cute! It's so much fun to watch kids enjoy life! Glad you guys had a great Easter weekend!