Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Husband Who Sells Security Alarms!!


Well, this blog has lots of meaning to me, cause simply its my life. It all started around May 2007! Josh had been a technician for a pest control company for a number of years and it started turning into a "just have to" job. So of course it takes a toll on the family knowing your husband does not enjoy what he's doing. I guess we both felt that we were at a stand still and weren't progressing to where we wanted to be. Yeah, we knew that he needed more schooling, but that route was taken before and I think we both realized that he wasn't prepared to fully take that on. Well it was around that time that Josh was introduced to the world of selling alarms. He quickly climbed on board and said we were heading to San Diego, Ca for the whole summer to sell security alarms. So we packed and off we were in a matter of days. Some may question our pack and go living, considering we have two kids. Well, I guess at that time we felt what would be best for our family. So that was the start of our travels. This past year we have traveled many places and lived in so many places. It first was San Diego, then Pittsburg, Ca, and then back to Provo, Utah. Then off we were to Las Vegas, NV and finally here in San Antonio, Tx. I have to admit there were times of frustration, lack of understanding, feeling of hopelessness, feelings of confusion, and craziness all on my part. I forgot to mention that selling security alarms is not a easy job. Its takes a toll on you mentally and physically. Plus there is a learning curve you have to get by to really start doing your job well.I am happy to say my hubby is finally in the clear and running full speed. I guess I am writing this blog to simply say,"I love my hubby and I love my life". But most importantly we thank our Heavenly Father for this experience. It has molded us to be better companions, parents, and members. I know Josh and I have a deeper conviction of the power of prayer, and also the miracle of immovable faith, and last and mostly that our devotion to one another needs to continue to be strengthen through our love for the Savior, who knows all things.

1 comment:

Meagan said...

what up guys, this is Tyler. How are you, it is so good to see the blog and see what you have been up to. How about you make your next stop Stansbury Park, Utah. That would be sweet. I'm glad Meagan showed me this blog so we can stay in touch.

Peace

Oh and Josh, Meagan wasn't thrilled with making choclate chip cookies either but I made her do it too and now she likes making them, I've had them an average of once a month this year.