Tuesday, June 10, 2008

10 Best Foods!!

Okay so I came about this idea from reading a book. Well, kind of. I was in Target and was looking in the book section and one happened to catch my eye.. well at least I like to say that. The appearance of the book was quite nice and it was a book about organic living. So I quickly scanned through the pages.. all in a matter of seconds. One of the things it recommended was google (10 foods you don't have to buy organic and 10 foods you should buy organic). I thought that was pretty cool and it did not require so much effort. So I did that and learned lots. But it got me thinking of what foods were best to eat. So I googled 10 best foods to eat.. ( i know it could be pretty broad), but took a shot. So here are two list that were quite popular:

LIST ONE
1. Sweet Potatoes ( just bake it.. its good with a pinch of salt and pepper).. plus Mariah Carey lost her weight by having this for her snack.
2. Grape Tomatoes (yummy by itself and in salads)
3. Fat Free or 1% Milk (or low-fat yogurt or soy milk)
4. Broccoli
5. Wild Salmon
6. Crisp Bread/ whole grain rye cracker (wasa, ry krisp, and ryvita)
7. Brown Rice.. or (microwavable brown rice)
8. Citrus fruit (oranges, grapefruit)
9. Diced butternut squash (stirfry, bake, soup)
10. spinach or kale

LIST TWO
1.Almonds
2.Apples
3.Blueberries
4. Broccoli
5. Red Beans (dark red kidney beans)
6. Spinach
7.Sweet Potatoes
8. Salmon
9. Vegetable Juice and tomato juice
10. wheat germ

Well after reviewing the list I figure I be eating stirfry, soup, juicing, and making shakes out of the the wheat germ, milk, blueberries and and added banana.. Plus I thought kidney beans are yummy as chili beans with some corn bread.. I have yet to try Salmon. So if anyone of you have any recipes that includes any of these best foods.. do share.. I figure when I go grocery shopping.. these all need to be on my list. I don't know.. I'm not a health expert or don't claim to be,,but this looks like a decent list..

No comments: