
I'm about to my limit with tyler's habit of taking his diaper off when he has a poopie or just because!!! I feel like duck-taping his diaper on. (just kidding).. but the thought has crossed my mind. Oh,, that was one of the suggestions josh gave me in one of our crazy dilemma's with tyler. I think I put his diaper back on at least twenty times a day. Plus, I think I have cleaned over ten or so poopie messes from off the carpet, his toys, his shoes, his clothes, the blankets, etc... It's crazy and for the sake of not grossing out anyone I am not posting pics of any of the messes, but maybe a cute one of tyler, cause how can a mom get mad with a smile like his. Some of his disasters were played out like this: He came and woke mommy and daddy up with no diaper on and that was after he played in his poopie which was left on the carpet.. yup we were out of the bed in seconds and I spent a good thirty or so minutes on the carpet. I got the stain out and I was happy. Another time he came to me yelling my name and he handed me a toy which was covered in poop. I don't know how he does this.. he usually in good watching distance. He just always does it when I'm multitasking or cleaning. Obviously he does not like having a poopie diaper, I guess the problem is making sure I change him right away or catch him before he pulls his diaper off.. cause he is starting to pull his diaper off before he poopies or takes a potty. I keep thinking maybe I need to start potty training him, considering I am already cleaning tons of messes. The fact that he likes wearing no diaper is a big factor to this dilemma.. He tends to always undress, but I have found out that when I put overalls on him it takes twice as long. So far that's all he's been wearing, but I am thinking in a couple of days I will try to potty train him.. wish me luck..
3 comments:
yeah it could be a sign of him wanting to be potty trained. you should take him to the store and pick out big boy undies that he really likes and usually with little kids if they like it they will try to keep it clean. and for night time get him the pull ups that look like undies...my daughter liked picking out her own.
I was laughing my head off at your post. I love it that he plays in his poop. That is the Josh in him coming out. I remember when Josh used to always play in his poop and anyone else's as well. You should just make Josh clean it up next time!! Its amazing how urine and poop doesn't gross you out when you have kids like it did before.
we totally went through this! Caden lived in onsies which were hard to find big enough to fit him and overalls. We tried everything to get him to stop playing with play dough, time outs, nothing worked if he was not in clothes that prevented him form reaching his poop he played with it. Someone told us cold showers, it was heartbreaking but we only had to do it once :) Good luck.
Post a Comment