Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Yeah for Tyler!!!






Today was a big surprise for mommy. Well, maybe just for me and tyler. We went swimming early this afternoon and tyler was putting up such a fight. Well, usually when we go swimming I put on his arm floaties and his tube but he did not want to wear his tube. So I said, " Okay, but its not as easy as it looks!" Plus I was a bit worried because he really wasn't getting the bubble blowing thing down. He's great in the tub, but for some reason in the pool he tends to swallow more water than blowing out water. So, as he attempted entering the pool with just his arm floaties I yelled out to him, "remember to blow bubbles". I watched him and he slowly glided in without no hesitation. I watched closely and waited until he needed my help thinking he would not be able to balance his body with just his arm floaties. But boy was I wrong. He was kicking and keeping himself balance and afloat. And just when his mouth would hit the water he would blow bubbles. I was amazed and tickled inside. I thought of Josh and wished he was there to share that little moment with me. I couldn't believe it, my little baby was swimming around in the big pool without my help, but of course with the help of the arm floaties. I guess he knew when he was ready and I was just happy I let him go. So off he was exploring new territory. He swam the whole hour and a half we were there. So he had a big workout, but I know he had so much fun following his big sister in the pool. I could see it in his face that he was happy to be by his sister side and not stuck in his tire tube. I did not bring my camara so I don't have any pics.. but next time we go swimming I will take some. Here are just a couple of pics of the kids. (just them chilling out on a little bench eating Popsicles, tyler having fun at our complex play area, taylor with her new outfit from auntie naco, and taylor with her monkey when we ate out with josh apex group).

5 comments:

Alacia said...

That's a GREAT story!! Go Tyler!! Yay! What wonderful moments you experience as a mother - the accomplishments and independence of your children. How amazing. Happy swimming to newest swimmer in the Begay family! :)

Anonymous said...

Ah...so cute! Take pictures next time..so we can see the little dude swim...yea for Ty Ty!

Nakki said...

The monkey's so cute...all 3 of them! lol Yeah for Ty. You have 2 regular water babies! And I'm glad the outfit still fits her. I sent it with my parents around Easter! It looks darling on her! They kids are cute as ever :)

Josh and Tawnya Begay said...

we just receive her outfit in the mail about a week ago..lol your parents are funny..

James and Summer said...

yea tyler! cute outfit Tay-tay! come and play soon!