Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Yummy Treats!!



Today was an eventful day and the weather was nice and warm, well warm enough to be outside jumping on the tramp (josh and the kids), working on fences, and cooking dutch oven style. Josh made a mean pork dinner, but Josh mom and I made some yummy treats to go with it. She made some healthy oatmeal/chocolate chip cookies and they were fantastic. I made some rice crispy treats, but using wheat puffs instead of the original rice crispy. Personally I like the wheat puffs more than the rice, but either way they are both yummy!! You should try it. I never thought of using wheat puffs, but thanks to Josh sister, Vee, we had our first try a couple of years ago. All you do is replace the rice crispy with wheat puffs! It's that simply and easy. Well, I don't know if there really is a difference health wise, but I think the effort behind it makes up for it. Here are some yummy pics.. Oh, I found out my pregnant tummy likes it even more...eckkk.. I already had a couple!

1 comment:

Nakki said...

I love the puffed rice sooo much more than rice krisipies...man. I forgot about those. Guess I'll have to make some soon!