Sunday, June 14, 2009

Tyler's New Bling Bling!!!

Thursday, Tyler had his teeth worked on! In one of my earlier post I mentioned that my babies have very poor enamel. Its so bad that they are very prone to cavities and lots and lots of chipping. I already had to take Taylor to the dentist a couple of times because she chipped her tooth and thankfully each time they have been able to repair it. Well, with Tyler his teeth are worst than Taylor's! Initially he was just going to get his front four teeth crown and have white plates put over them, just so his silver teeth would not be so obvious. Well, as they started on his back teeth they found out that once they started to drill, his tooth turned to powder and the dentist felt that his teeth would not hold up, so they crowned almost all his teeth except his front bottom four and two on top. They also performed some root canals on his front four....ahhhhh I had no clue you could have a root canal done on your front teeth??? Anyways my poor baby had the whole works done and thankfully he was put to sleep. While Josh and I were out in the waiting room Tyler's dentist came and told us the surgery went well and that his teeth were the biggest teeth he has seen in a child his age... he looked at Josh and says I take he gets it from you...lol!!! I am just simply happy that his teeth will be able to hold up until his big teeth come in. Tyler was a trooper and we are happy he has all his teeth still intact!!
The front four have silver crowns, but thankfully we paid extra to get the white plates!! I could not bare to have my boy have silver front teeth..lol! I think they did a real good job, you really can't tell!
Here is a pic of his bottom teeth!!!

No comments: