Thursday, November 18, 2010

All I Ever Wanted

This post came to me after reading NieNie! Might I add one fabulous, beautiful lady!
When I was a child all I ever wanted was:
To be a gymnast, I never learned how to the do the back bend, or for that matter a back flip. I envied all those girls who could do splits, flips, etc...
To be a singer! I sang my heart out thinking if I sang long and hard enough, I would magically have this beautiful voice.
I never became a gymnast or a singer, but gee I was dang good at jump rope and the monkey bars! I had blisters to prove it too!

When I was a young teenager all I ever wanted was:
To be the smartest kid! I cherished those days I beat Lyle Tsosie by one point in our math assignments..hahha
To be just like my sister. Hot, smart, outgoing, and great in sports! Thanks to her I joined softball and volleyball. Volleyball became my new love.
To be cute so boys would like me...Okay I will admit it,, I fancied boys. But who doesn't at that age! LOL!
To play the piano! That was short-lived. But 15 plus years later I am finally gonna get it done!

When I was a High Schooler all I ever wanted was:
To have good grades! I actually did!
To have straight teeth! I don't know why I waited until high school to get braces.. could of had them earlier... (crazy thinking on my part)?
To have good friends! I did and to this day we still keep in contact!
To have a boyfriend.. I often wonder why I thought so much about this, when gee there was still more time later to think about... (but the best thing to come from this is great friends)!
To have good values! I stuck to them and has blessed my life tremendously!!
To play the best Volleyball! My last year I sucked... I was so weak I had a hard time holding the vb without shaking... (needed some fuel).. I lost over 15lbs that season... I killed myself swimming, lifting, and playing and did not give my body the food and energy it needed.. :(
To have the hippest clothes! My gosh, I can't believe to this day my mom spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on pieces of clothing I would only wear a couple of times... shame on me!

When I was in college/phase 1 all I ever wanted was:
Of course good grades! I did great my first year and the years that followed... c average student?? I guess that's okay in my book
A husband! Okay, who thinks of this right out of high school!! I did! I give credit to this only because I actually wrote a list of qualities I wanted in my husband... and to this day.. I stuck to it and we are living happily ever after :)
To be healthy! I learned that freshmen 15 can be a pain and needed to learn how to cook for myself!
A degree! It's important and again after 10 years I finally got it!

As a wife and student all I want now is:
Have good grades! Glad to know that I have a love for learning!
To be a good wife and mother! That I have found takes time to perfect, but I'm okay with it! It will be something I will be doing for the rest of eternity!
To have a healthy family! Once again, ramon noodles will not cut it for my family!
To have a happy life with my family! It's what I live for and plan on doing for the rest of eternity.
For some that may include or may not include god, but for the Begay family he's the center of it all!

So, just like Nie Nie,,,my greatest joys are found in my love for learning and most importantly having my husband and children!! Families is where my heart is! Oh.. and good food!









1 comment:

Cherisse said...

I like this post. Aren't some things funny when you look back. There are some things I was so proud of and things that I think, "What was I thinking??? Why did I do that???" Haha. It's life and all we can do is continue to be better!