Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day


What a fabulous week I had! I didn't just celebrate Mother's Day on Sunday but on Friday and Saturday! Actually, even before that! Josh surprised me with a dinner and movie the week before! It was ahhhh, so nice to spend a couple of hours with him and I. I think we both needed it. We really hadn't done that before in a long, long...........time. So it was really refreshing and in a way empowering due to a night of no stresses. That night we watched Fast Five! It was very entertaining and we enjoyed it very much so. And none of this would of been possible if it wasn't for Jojo, our babysitter, who took on the task of watching our three kids and also her two little ones ! We owe her big time! :) And for the remainder of the week I enjoyed plenty of yummy food and shopping until my heart was content. :0) lol This Mother's Day I actually let Josh spoil me and shopped for me and no one else. (I tend to stray to the kid section and buy for my kiddos). I had a lot of fun! And lastly, the cherry on top of everything else, is the cards my kids surprise me with after church. They come busting out of their classes bearing me with crayon written cards and yummy treats! Its the moment I wait for to seal the end of Mother's Day! I have much to be grateful for. I'm grateful for a loving Mother who continues to guide and teach me. Being a mother myself, helps me recognize all she has done for me and is still doing for me and my family! And she continues to lead by example living a life of service to her own children and grandchildren, who are as she says, " Her greatest joys!". I love you mom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love you too sweetheart, i have happy tears n my eyes. So happy for you that you are who you are, such loving, caring, mom to your beautiful family and us! i love you from the bottom of my heart, love mom.

Anonymous said...

How nice! Those kinds of things are really a treat especially when you hardly get to do them. Isn't it so true, you never really completely understand what your mom goes through until you become a mom yourself, that's for sure! :)