Saturday, August 20, 2011

Only One Mile

So the kiddos and I have been running at the track for awhile now. We first started with walking and some light running. And a couple of months ago I had them run a straight mile without stopping and they actually did it! I was super excited and surprise they could do it! I was kind of worried about pushing them hard, but I remembered when I was in elementary they had us run to Snake Rock, The Toes, etc.. and those trails were more than a mile. So, I thought, gee if I could do it at such a young age, they could handle a mile.

We have been running a mile for a couple of months now. The kids have their up days and down days. Not only do they run a straight mile, they walk a couple more laps after. I think we will stay at that pace for a bit.
Here's a pic of tay and tyler (behind tay) after their mile run. Today they ran in their slippers. lol It's just something the kids and I enjoy together, plus it gets me some much needed exercise!! Proud of my little kiddies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, that is awesome! That is really something for a little kid to run one full mile without stopping?! We need to do something like that. Exercise is so important for your heart, bones, lungs, and even studies show it helps with learning, so you are right on track, great job! :) And Tawn, I am catching up on your blog right now...sometimes when I click on your blog, it says access denied.