Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fall Fun

We have enjoyed our little living community! The kids love the big grassy area they have to play on and we can't forget the playground.  We go there daily and they don't ever tire of it. Well, as you can see in the pic, the leaves are changing color! Isn't this a fun pic! I love all the colors taking place here in Logan.  We live close to the mountains, literally about a five minute drive to the mouth of the mountain and we are surrounded by trees. It may seem that way to us because we don't get a lot of trees on the rez, so all this color is astounding and we love it!
               The kids are still adjusting to school.  I'm actually not very pleased with the school. I guess its simply due to the fact that the school in wellington Utah and kayenta Arizona are highly engaged in giving the new little ones a great experience and they promote growth and excellence. I guess their priority is  a lot higher and I was expecting the same? Well, its not.  I feel like the school is in such a hurry to get the kids in and out of their building.  Next year we plan to move them.  
Well that's one stressor I've been dealing with (lol).  Well, back to a happier note the kids are doing well. Talon is just a happy camper. He loves being home with me. We run errands together, do laundry together, eat together, play together, you get the idea. He's grown an inch or two, but his waist is still super small.  His collection of belts is growing too.  Thanks to elastic and belts, I'm able to keep his pants up. 
Taylor is still patiently waiting for her teeth to break though.  I guess the new teeth decided to stop growing, so she's been toothless for over a month.  It doesn't seem to bother her much, so its okay we wait a bit longer. Despite new changes and whatnot, she loves school.  She loves everything about school. 
Tyler on the other hand could care less about homework.  He feels that school is school and when its done its done.  He now has full day of school and he just simply loves the fact that he gets to eat now.  lol I also noticed that he loves his independence.  He often tells me not to walk him to his class or help him and that he's perfectly capable of doing it himself. He often tells Taylor not to be in such a hurry to do things.The other day at breakfast, I sometimes go with them, the first bell rang and Taylor quickly gets up and heads out the door.  I quickly tell Tyler, maybe he should do the same.  He then tells me, " Mom I have ten minutes to get to class and I'm still eating.  Don't worry! Gee, I don't know why everyone has to rush to class, they have ten minutes! He takes about four more bites of his food, finished his milk, and starts eating his fruit.  He finished it and gets up and we are off! We get to his class and than he say, "See Mom, I'm just fine.  I'm not late." That boy made his point.  
I love my kiddos! They are my world and it amazes me that I am learning tons more from them, then what I'm teaching them.  Their sweet spirits are inviting and ahhh so loving.  I wish they stay small forever and I would not aid in their lost of perfectness. (if that makes since). I'm not perfect and a lot of times they see me and do as I do. :(  
We are super excited about fall and winter! There is a chill in the air!!
Logan is beautiful at this time!! Tons and tons of changing leaves!! Feels like we are in a movie at times!!

No comments: