So today Taylor and I attempted this project!! We made a Rapunzel wig!! I thought it was the coolest thing ever! I told Taylor about it and it was love at first sight!! So we put our crafty gloves on and got at it! The neat thing about it was it only cost me around five bucks! We bought the yarn and the tights all at Walmart! And once we got home we got started!
The hardest part is unwinding the yarn. The tutorial does not give much info on how to make the yarn part easier. Well, I started to read people's comments and found out that there was a way. I grabbed two chairs and spaced them out according to how long I wanted the hair! And around and around we went! After we felt the thickness was right, we cut the yarn and tie it in the middle, that way we have two parts!! I would than stitch it to the tights!. It sounds easy, but not really, unless you have lots and lots of patience!!
Taylor and I eventually finished!! I think it was will worth the effort! I feel like I need to fill in some bald spots, but it works!!
Our next project is to find some flowers and add it to the braid!! We did not plan on Taylor being Rapunzel for Halloween, but maybe!!' I don't know if I'm up for sewing a dress, but if I see a super cheap dress,, just maybe!
Taylor and I had a good time together and we hope to do it again!! I think every little girl needs Rapunzel's hair!!




2 comments:
You are awesome Tawnya! It looks great! I know if I were a little girl, I'd love it! :) I think she ought to be Rapunzel with all the work you put into it, plus, it looks cute. Last year, Kono wanted me to be Rapunzel for Halloween.
Hi my beautiful family! It's always fun and nteresting to read your wonderful stories. I love it!! U do a wonderful job sweetie. It's good to see my grandkids growing, love them so much, grandMA
Post a Comment