Monday, January 23, 2012
It Just Feels So Much Better When You Hear It From Someone Else!
Today I received a phone call from Tyler's teacher, Mrs. Cook! Tyler has been having a super hard time with his ABC's since day one. We really have no idea why it has been so difficult, but I never felt concerned enough to think he had a learning disability. Well, he doesn't. Like I mentioned in one of my earlier post he's catching on super fast and that was one of the reason's why I received a phone call from Mrs. Cook!! She called to tell me what a wonderful job I was doing and that I raised a good son, who follows directions, listens intently, helps those around him, and is so ever respectful to his peers and teachers. She continued on explaining that he is learning at a rapid pace, where in fact its not the average speed one excels. She explained that usually when a child has a difficult time in school, they tend to progress, but at a much slower pace. I couldn't be prouder of my little handsome fellow. She also explained to me he is Excellent in his sounds and comprehension. I have to Thank the Ipad for that one..lol! Well, let me explain. Josh and I at times get so tired of repeating and retelling Tyler what A is, or G, or M.. etc.. you get the point. So, after we try our best to teach, we let the Ipad make up for our lack of energy. :) There are a few great apps out there. We found one that would sound the letter out!! Tyler loved it so much he actually spend about thirty or so minutes every day on it!! I think this explains why he is doing beyond AWESOME in this area of learning. His teacher explained he can depict each sound and she's amazed!! I just thought it was a sweet, proud moment as a Mother, especially hearing that I was actually a good mother doing something right!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment